Friday, March 26, 2010

Being in a band

I semi-randomly found this video on youtube today. It's not as good as the mysterious piano playing ChatRoulette guy but I still got a kick out of it.



Do I miss playing music? Yes. Do I miss being in a band? Sort of, I suppose. I miss the creative process and playing shows (minus the lugging around of amps). I don't miss being told exactly what to play; I'm sure you know what I'm talking about if you're an indie rock guitar player who lives in Nashville.

I'm working on some new creative outlets as of late. One of them involves playing bass (which I haven't done on stage in probably 8 or 9 years). I'd also like to get a vanity project going... But again since this is Nashville, everyone wants to do something commercial. Imagine the exact opposite of that and there you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

pull the mctrigger