Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Weather Is The Time's End! Revelations!


On my way home from work yesterday evening (5 o'clock conference calls are not nearly as fun as they sound, people), I was driving in the same weather that everyone else was in. Buses in the ditch? Sure. People abandoning their cars in the middle of the road? Absolutely. Me getting on my phone and calling up Sean to see if he wanted to go to the bar to watch the Wings-Preds game? That's a big "10-4". I was born and raised in Michigan. What do you expect?

I had a few beers, including the incredibly delicious Atwater Vanilla Java Porter which I had never tried until last night, watched the game, and then went home. It was a straight shot down Gallatin Pike which I normally loathe because Gallatin is, I'm convinced, what the road to hell must be like. What, with its stoplights every 97 feet, erratic drivers, and occasional carjackings and all. Last night was not bad, however, as the three inches of massive snowfall kept most people indoors for the evening. All I was thinking about, though, was getting home safely, turning on my Xbox, and playing Fable. Almost anytime magic and swords are involved in anything, I'm in. I did notice that who ever played it on my Xbox last had created a character named "Shit Teeth". I'mnot really sure what that means.

As I turned off my game long about 11something last night, I rolled over and posted a tweet. Why? Well, because everything I say on twitter is important. Why anyone follows me on that thing blows my mind. If I were an internerd, I
would find a program to find how many how many of my tweets are related to New Zealand and/or Lord of the Rings. Not that I need any help with that. Or anything. Oh... My tweet from last night read "Nashville seasons: Flood, Hell, Autumn, Blizzard." Which makes sense when you think about it. I should have turned my phone off last night because it went "ting, ting" for the next 10 hours. Why? 'Cause of this:
Who in the world thinks what I have to say is worth re-broadcasting to the rest of the world? Apparently 36 people. Oh... And then there are the new followers. I can just see them clicking "unfollow" as soon as I start posting about The Hobbit. Prepare to be underwhelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

pull the mctrigger