Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Costanza

The past week and a half have not been kind to me:

-- Nashville flooded it's little heart out. 14 inches of rain in two days has lead to almost $2 billion worth of damage and 30 people dead. Those figures are expected to climb. The only things I lost were a desk (meh?), a pair of antique speakers (big bummer) and, as of last night, an SWR bass amp which I thought I could salvage but as it turns out, water and electronics don't mix as well as I thought that they would.

-- Since the great deluge of last weekend, I have had one day off. That was Sunday, May 2. For those of you keeping score at home, I worked 71 hours last week.

-- Speaking of work and the flood together, one of the pubs that I wrote trivia questions for is closed until further notice. Not that I depend on writing trivia questions for my wild and extravagant lifestyle but every little bit helps. Especially considering...

-- I found out by running one of my nightly reports here at job #1 that I did not receive one of the two open positions for which I have applied. I have tried to talk to my boss on Friday, Monday, and now today about the situation and he is "really focused on some things right now" when I've asked for 5 minutes of his time. Folks, this is not how you manage people. In what may be effective as soon as Friday, I will be without job #1. This means, however, that I can write the name of the company in my blog as many times as I want. 'Cause this is America. This also means that I may be able to work at A Village of Flowers a whole lot more. So it's not the worst thing in the world. I had an interview a week and a half ago with a company and I have an interview with another company a little later this afternoon. Things could be worse on that front, I suppose, but I have no concrete job offers as of yet.

-- I had someone ask me out on Facebook. This was confusing and while I am flattered, I don't really think I can handle that right now.



On the plus side of things, I did win free Qdoba today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

pull the mctrigger